Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"Doing Good"

I totally envy those who have time to blog on a regular basis! This year I'm really going to try and be one of those!

Anyhow! I had a thought come in to my mind yesterday as my mom and I drove past 24hr fitness! The parking lot was packed! Why? Because everyone wants to get fit and made their New Years Resolutions to do so! I'm thinking probably 1 out of 5 people actually keep it up the entire year.. I was once one of them! What is a Resolution anyway... a goal for most of us to set for only a couple of months to go by and we forget about it... a goal to make us feel better about ourselves?? Why don't we all set a goal to make other people feel better rather than ourselves?

2010 was a rough year all around.. and for most people! We struggled financially with Ronnie still being out of work for half of the year. The company I work for struggled financially and had to make sacrifices. I had several ups and down with friends and watched friends go through many struggles with in their own families.

So with this said my New Years Resolution is not to do good for myself but to do good for others! Make sense?? :) I have always been the motivator/counselor with in my group of friends and my family. Maybe I have a gift of listening and always trying to see the better in people. Sometimes I give people the benefit of the doubt one too many times.. This year has tons of exciting events coming up! I have three great friends that are having babies and my baby sister is getting Married!! This year I am devoting my time into making these moments very special for them! I hope that God also throws in my path someone else that I can make an impact on! At the end of the day can you ask yourself what good you did that day for someone else and actually be able to answer it? I plan on doing so and blogging about it will hold me accountable!

1 comment:

  1. awesome post! I like that part about making your new years resolution less about ourselves and more about others. Sounds like a great plan. I am wanting to get more involved at church activities, such as a life group. Remember our little talk that day about "offerings"... I am trying my best to give to God first and deal with the left overs laters. I always offered what I had left and that is not how it is suppose to be.

    ReplyDelete